I am back at home. Unfortunately. I know it is always hard to go back home, to return to reality from a great holiday. This time around it was even more difficult for me. Two days in and I am still in denial. I am also revisiting my travel plans for the rest of the year, I may have to squeeze in another visit to New Zealand.
So, what was it about this trip:
- Even though I was very apprehensive about travelling during the Christmas season, it turned out I was fine, I overcame my anxiety. Mainly, because I had lovely people around me.
- Again, I connected with people who I had never met before. Some people I will meet again, I made new friends, we laughed a lot, we discussed many personal topics. It reassured me that genuine interest is still alive, people can connect with me in an honest way, and like me for who I am.
- I love the countryside and mountains. And I love the city. I am in trouble. 😉
- My family will never change, I must learn to lower my expectations.
- There are men out there that are genuine, lovely, charming and definite potentials (would they not live at the other side of the world).
- New Zealand is a good place to relocate to. I will return as soon as I can.
- Don’t go hiking unprepared in Thailand.
- Travelling for 5 weeks allowed me to focus on what I want to do going forward. This may result in a change of career, but certainly help me to live a more fulfilled life. I can’t wait.
- I would do this trip again in a heartbeat.
- [Edit: travelling is a great cure for heartache.]
I was amazed by how many people I reached with this travel diary. It was the first time I attempted it, and I guess I did it my way. I hope you enjoyed following me on my travels, including the ramblings of my mind. Thank you for coming along on my journey! Until my next trip – see you then!
Discover the world!